Thursday, 21 January 2016
Friday, 15 January 2016
1) Japan: Now the country in general looks AMAZING. Especially during the Cherry Blossom season, everything just looks incredible the colours, the nature and the buildings. I have grown up next door to a Japanese grand-daughter, and so from a young age I have been introduced to this culture that just seems so traditional and beautiful. Therefore it is a country which I would love to visit.
2) Cape Town: Don't get me wrong, I have always been put off by South Africa for the presumption that it is dangerous. However, either way, it looks amazing especially the views from Table Mountain and the beaches as well.
3) LA: I'm a massive beach person, I love being by the sea and walking along beaches and around. I have always heard the lifestyle of LA is fabulous and chill, the views and road trips along the sea front would be my ideal thing.
4) Hawaii: Like the previous one, I love beaches and the sea and the fact Hawaii is on a living volcano just makes it x10 cooler for a ex-Geography student. It looks like the type of place that is very laid back and chill and I feel like it's something I'd want to experience.
5) Singapore: I stop off at Singapore on my way to Australia and I just wished I had stayed long or extended my trip to stay in Singapore. Being an ex-British colony, I feel like I wouldn't have got too much of a culture shock, but enough to feel like I'm experiencing the asian culture. It looks like an amazing city, and stunning skyline. But also places such as the botanic gardens looks incredibly and would definitely be something I'd love to visit.
6) St Petersburg: Now studying history, means I'm a massive history geek and therefore without any explanation needed such a beautiful city with so much history would be my ultimate destination for a history/ culture filled holiday.
7) Iceland: The Northern lights are a MUST in my lifetime. I have seen pictures which look absolutely breathtaking and it would be incredible to see such a wonder in real life.
8) Salzburg: Now I'm a massive Sound of Music fan and would have the ultimate fan girl weekend if I had the chance to visit it. I have never been to Austria in general, but it looks beautiful, especially the picturesque mountains around.
9) Fiji: I'm a lover of anything tropical, I don't know if its the colour of the sea or the beaches or even the tropical food. But Fiji looks like an absolute dream, I don't think I could spend more than a week there but I feel like every place I turn, I'd be blown away by the colours and beauty.
10) Santorini: A little bit closer to home, Santorini, is a stereotypical place many people want to visit and I can see why, the views of the calm see and the iconic white buildings and blue roofs. I feel like the streets would be filled with character and would be so much fun exploring. It is almost on my door step, it would be rude not too!
Although these aren't all the places I'd love to visit in the world it does give me this sense of the big wide world is out there and waiting to be explored. This as inspired me to book something up and have something to look forward too. I love visiting places and taking my mind of reality, I am definitely the type of person to be so focused on what I'm doing. I forget the world is passing by.
Friday, 8 January 2016
Now, thankfully, its not a streaming cold where I completely feel like death, but is definitely enough to make me want to have all my nutrients and anything to help shake it.
This is where the wonder medicine of ginger comes into play. Now I have not always been a fan of raw ginger, to be honest I never really gave ginger much thought until the last couple of months- but it has become my SAVIOUR whenever I feel groggy.
Two drinks which have really helped me shake off this cold are nothing new and innovative but nonetheless;
Hot Lemon, Ginger and Honey:
Simply take an inch of Ginger and put in a boiling jug of 300ml of water for about 5/10 minutes. You then add either a couple of lemon slices or lemon juice with about 1 teaspoon of honey (you might like it sweeter its entirely up to you) then stir till its dissolved. I then more the contents into a mug and drink. The temperature is hot to lukewarm which I think is more soothing for a sore throat. You also can leave the ginger and lemon in the mug while you drink it, which creates more flavour or when you more it you can use a sieve- completely up to you.
Carrot, Apple, Orange and Ginger Juice:
Love Kelly xxx
Tuesday, 5 January 2016
1) Learn to say YES:
Now I'm definitely the 'old lady' of the group, I love an early night and sitting in the comfort of my own home with a book and a candle lit. I have started to create this mind set over the past couple of months and want to carry on pursing it. I feel like I have probably missed out on a number of good times last year because the fear of not having an early night. So next time I get asked to do something or go somewhere I will try and say YES.
2) Travel more:
I do love travelling and everything this one is always on my list of things to do. I'm thinking of exploring New York or LA this year however, anything from a little beach getaway in England would deal with my travel flare.
3) Do more Yoga:
When I came back from Australia, I was very much into Yoga and tried to do it once a day. However due to how busy life and university has got I have become partial to putting off Yoga everyday under the illusion I simply 'don't have the time'. Therefore, one of my resolutions this year is to quite simply make time for Yoga.
4) Cook more:
This one seems to have progressed over the year and I would love to carry on cooking more and experimenting with flavours and foods. I like in a very fussy household who is skeptical of anything new, so this year I would love to ignore the households fussiness and try anything that I would fancy.
5) Blog more:
Being a first year student at university, last year it got the better of me and I felt increasingly under pressure all the time and thus lost focus to sit and blog. I would love to blog more this year and might even set a time every week to just write a blogpost.
Lastly, just carrying on learning to love myself and be more confident in myself. Everyone deserves a fabulous 2016
Sunday, 3 January 2016
So it's 2016, and like everyone says every year- 'Oh my god the last year has flown by!' But I suppose it is true.
For New Year, I spent it with my friends in Liverpool, it was something different which we don't usually do and to go away for New Year was special. On the way up on the train, I was sitting there thinking back to even 2 years ago, when we never would have dreamed of all going away to Liverpool or still all being good friends. I suppose it just show how lucky and special it can be when you have friends which you hope will stay with you forever and have shared many memories together.
But anyway, around New Year you always think back about the year and how it was for you and always across social media its '2015 was rubbish' 'thank god this year as ended'. But to be honest, this 2015 has been absolutely wonderful for me, I can close that chapter and feel a smile across my face.
Not doubt the biggest highlight of 2015 was visiting Australia for a month. I honestly had the best time, and I'm so glad and proud of myself for pushing myself outside my comfort zone.
I definitely learnt that I enjoy my own company, and travelling on your own isn't as scary as people make it out to be, you can do anything if you believe in yourself.
This then got me thinking about my pit of the year and to honestly say that I can't think of anything, makes me think I have had a pretty good year, and is very much thankful of it.
So whatever, 2016 brings, lets hope more travelling and loving of life, I very much embrace it with open arms.