Friday 8 January 2016

Food| Remedies for colds.

As you might have guessed from the title, I'm feeling a little under the weather,  Christmas/ New Year blues has given me a cold.
Now, thankfully, its not a streaming cold where I completely feel like death, but is definitely enough to make me want to have all my nutrients and anything to help shake it.
This is where the wonder medicine of ginger comes into play. Now I have not always been a fan of raw ginger, to be honest I never really gave ginger much thought until the last couple of months- but it has become my SAVIOUR whenever I feel groggy.
Two drinks which have really helped me shake off this cold are nothing new and innovative but nonetheless;


Hot Lemon, Ginger and Honey:




Simply take an inch of Ginger and put in a boiling jug of 300ml of water for about 5/10 minutes. You then add either a couple of lemon slices or lemon juice with about 1 teaspoon of honey (you might like it sweeter its entirely up to you) then stir till its dissolved. I then more the contents into a mug and drink. The temperature is hot to lukewarm which I think is more soothing for a sore throat. You also can leave the ginger and lemon in the mug while you drink it, which creates more flavour or when you more it you can use a sieve- completely up to you.



Carrot, Apple, Orange and Ginger Juice:
I take two oranges, two carrots, 1 red apple and about an inch of ginger and simply put through a juicer to create this juice, it makes approximately about 1 glass. Alternatively, you can use a blender by peeling the carrots, juicing the oranges beforehand, cutting up the apple and ginger into thin slices and then blending with a small glass of water added to it. Once it is all blended, just put the mixture through the sieve and it leaves the juice. Either way, it is super simply.


                                                                   Love Kelly xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment